The Onondaga County Board of Elections has certified results in all but one local election this year.
The remaining race is between sitting New York State Sen. John Mannion, a Democrat, and Republican challenger Rebecca Shiroff. That race was so close that it triggered a hand recount. Mannion held narrow a lead over Shiroff headed into the recount.
Judge Scott DelConte is expected to rule on ballot objections tomorrow in the race, effectively ending the recount, according to Onondaga County Board of Elections Democratic Commissioner Dustin Czarny.
Winners listed in statewide and regional races are presumed winners, as the state has not yet posted the certification of its results.
See all the winners in local and statewide races below:
- Governor/Lt. Governor: Kathy Hochul/Antonio Delgado (Democrat) beat Lee Zeldin/Allison Esposito (Republican)
- Comptroller: Thomas DiNapoli (D) beat Paul Rodriguez (R)
- Attorney General: Letitia James (D) beat Michael Henry (R)
- United States Senate: Charles Schumer (D) beat Joe Pinion (R)
- Proposition 1: Bond authorization for climate change mitigation projects passes
- 22nd Congressional District: Brandon Williams (R) beat Francis Conole (D)
- 5th District Supreme Court justices: Kevin Kuehner (R), Julie Grow Denton (R), Mark Rose (R), William Ramseier (R) beat Doug Murad (D), John W. Dillon (D), Charles Keller (D), Christina Cagnina (D)
- NYS Sen. 48th District: Rachel May (D) beat Julie Abbott (R) and Justin Coretti (Conservative)
- NYS Assembly 126th District: John Lemondes Jr. (R) beat Bruce MacBain (D)
- NYS Assembly 127th District: Al Stirpe (D) beat Karen Ayoub (R)
- NYS Assembly 128th District: Pamela Hunter (D) beat Dominick Ciciarelli (R)
- NYS Assembly 129th District: William Magnarelli (D) ran unopposed
- Sheriff: Toby Shelley (D) beat Esteban Gonzalez (R)
- County Court Judge: Melinda McGunnigle (R), Ted Limpert (D) beat Annie Porter (D), Jeff Schiano (R)
- Family Court: Julie Cecile (D) beat Jim Corl Jr. (R)
- Syracuse 5th District City Councilor: Jimmy Monto (D) beat Woodruff Carroll (R)
- Town of Cicero Justice: Douglas M. DeMarche Jr. (R) ran unopposed
- Town of DeWitt Councilor: Jack Dooling (D) beat Dennis Nave (R)
- Town of Elbridge Justice: George L. Betts (R) ran unopposed
- Town of Manlius Councilor: Alissa Italiano (D) beat David Barnwell (R)
- Town of Onondaga Councilor: John Wheatley Jr. (R) beat Ryan Suser (D)
- Town of Pompey Justice: Trent Amond (R) beat Benjamin Rabin (D)
- Town of Pompey Councilor: Diana Carpenter (D) beat David Angello (Pompey First Party)
- Town of Pompey Highway Superintendent: Bruce Way (D and R) ran unopposed
- Town of Van Buren Councilor: Jennifer Sullivan (R) ran unopposed
- Village of Camillus Trustee: Cheryl Hutchins (unaffiliated) ran unopposed
- Village of Elbridge Trustee: Stephanie Harris (D) ran unopposed
- Village of Tully Trustee: Kathryn Vernay (D) beat Daniel Ray (R)
- DeWitt Proposition 1: Extension of term for town clerk from two years to four years passes
- DeWitt Proposition 2: Extension of term for highway superintendent from two years to four years passes
MORE GOVERNMENT & POLITICS COVERAGE
‘One crappy apartment’ to another: How tools to relocate Syracuse families from homes with lead paint are limited
Darlene Medley’s story offers a cautionary tale for Syracuse residents who are relocated from an apartment deemed unfit to live in.
Elections 2023: How Onondaga County Democratic party politics hurt competitiveness and why that might change
Democrats struggled to find viable candidates up and down the ballot, marring competitiveness.
Essi is currently edging out incumbent Lisa Dell by 83 votes.